Journalist Manh Kim announced on Facebook the content of a directive document of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s Central Committee on Propaganda and Education titled “Excerpt of the press work of the 34th week, the Press Publishing Department, the Central Committee on Propaganda and Education, from August 25 to September 1, 2020.”
Journalist Manh Kim said that this internal source did not allow him to take up the original copy because every instruction sent to the newspaper was “marked” in a way so that the security forces could detect it and know exactly from what source of the leaked text.
Reading this directive, once again, it can be seen that the incident that led to the death of Mr. Le Dinh Kinh is a well-organized plan that seems to have been approved by the top leaders, if not the the highest leaders.
In section 1.8 (page 3), the written text (excerpted verbatim):
It is expected that on September 7, 2020, the Hanoi Court will open the first-instance trial against 29 defendants in the case in Dong Tam commune, My Duc district, Hanoi, the trial is expected to take place in 10 days. When giving information, press agencies strictly observe a number of contents:
– Affirming that this is a particularly serious criminal case, the objects disregard the dialogue and conciliation, require the authorities to be forced to impose measures demonstrating the severity of the law, contributing to building peace and life for the masses of people.
– Reflecting on the process of preparing forces and means to violate the law of the protesters in Dong Tam, My Duc, Hanoi; demonstrates the objects take first steps to attack with hot weapons, homemade weapons on police forces while implementing the plan to protect the target, the people and the army building the fence.
– Criticizing Le Dinh Kinh, especially his corruption (from the degraded cader and party member with personal motives leading to calling on forces with anti-government activities …).
– Affirming that the suppression of illegal objects attacking the police force at that time is an urgent measure to prevent aggressive and violent acts of objects to protect the people; the use of weapons was carried out in accordance with regulations;
Reflecting the consensus of social public opinion on the settlement of the case, the situation of security, order, and political security in Hoanh village, Dong Tam commune, My Duc district before and after the incident.
– The support of the people, social classes on the sentence; the trial of the right person with the right sin, the appropriate punishment and the demonstration of the solitude of the law, the rational justice of the Trial Panel.
– Not to report in detail on the proceedings of the trial, especially the radical defense; to boldly report on confessions of guilty, repentance to enjoy the leniency of the law as well as the humanitarian policies of the Party and State towards sincere, repentant subjects through the trial results; not reporting, deductive articles, subjective conclusions creating a complicated flow of public opinion about the trial and the nature of the case; strictly control comments (comments) in all news about the trial.
– The moment when the trial began, the newspapers reported with a moderate dose; based on the actual situation and developments of the court hearing, the authorities will have timely direction.
– Fight against wrong information and views, prevent the hostile forces from taking advantage of the case to conduct propaganda against the Party and State.
– End of instructional content –
It can be seen that the so-called official newspapers and the journalists were forced to write according to the direction of the party’s propaganda, with the orientation of highlighting the correctness of the authorities, collectively known as the party and highlight everything on the side of Dong Tam people and their advocates, from lawyers to journalists and intellectual intellectuals.
It is the party’s Propaganda that has stirred up falsehoods and jeopardized justice, what it wants is to force people to understand that the government is right and the people are wrong and forces the entire population to swallow this poison.
The first thing that can be seen is that the newspapers used statements from the Ministry of Public Security’s for their articles as soon as the incident happened from January 9, 2020.
From explaining what the rational and legitimate grounds of the deployment of 3,000 riot policemen, how it happened and , the newspapers most consistently followed the framework of the Propaganda and reported in the copy the sample article published by the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) or the People’s Newspaper.
Regarding the cause of the 4 deaths in the attack in the middle of the night, they all colored the police officers and defamed the Dong Tam land petitioners, especially elderly party member Le Dinh Kinh.
Even as Major General To An Xo’s statement that Mr. Le Dinh Kinh is the new landlord mighty was also quoted and painted by newspapers.
New facts revealed from Mr. Bui Viet Hieu’s testimony about the silencer gun shot directly at Mr. Le Dinh Kinh at close range and the fact that Mr. Kinh did not hold a grenade was shared everywhere on Facebook, but the state-controlled newspapers never mentioned it.
Lawyer Le Van Hoa’s stern defense has stated the whole truth about Kinh’s death as follows:
“The Investigation Conclusion and the Indictment said that due to the protest of Mr. Le Dinh Kinh, the riot police actively shot and killed him. Such a conclusion does not clarify the acts, it has not proven that his behavior was so dangerous that he must be killed. In particular, according to defendant Bui Viet Hieu’s testimony, Mr. Le Dinh Kinh was shot directly at a distance of 1 meter, not from behind with a distance of 2.5 meters as described in the Indictment and the Investigation Conclusion.
Mr. Le Dinh Kinh’s address of residence is clearly Hoanh village, Dong Tam commune, My Duc district, Hanoi city.
He did not commit a crime in the act, nor a wanted criminal. Therefore, according to the provisions of Clause 3, Article 113 of the Criminal Procedure Code 2015, it is not allowed to arrest him at night (from 10 pm to 6 pm) Thus, if he becomes the defendant of the above case, and if he has to comply with the arrest warrant, the judicial authorities can only arrest him in the day time.
Mr. Le Dinh Kinh was not the defendant in any case, not subject to the detention order. He was living peacefully in his home. As such, his residencey was sacred and inviolable. No one is allowed to enter his residence without his permission (as defined in Article 22 of the 2013 Constitution).
His life is protected by the law and no one is allowed to take his life illegally (as defined in Article 19 of the 2013 Constitution).
The riot policemen broke into Mr. Le Dinh Kinh’s house at midnight without his permission. Thus, they have violated Article 22 of the 2013 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and violated Article 158 of the Criminal Code 2015 (infringing on the residence of others), but this is an organized violation. This crime is specified at Point a, Clause 2 of the above law, with the highest penalty bracket of up to 5 years in prison.
Not only illegally infringing, this force also beat, shot and killed him, took his life illegally, violated Article 19 of the 2013 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and Clause 1, Article 123 of the Criminal Code 2015, with 2 aggravating circumstances, being gangster and organized murder (point n and point o).”
This requires to probe a murder case where the culprit is the police group that entered illegal housing.
Statements of beaten, coersive confession, and corporal punishment of defendants Le Dinh Cong, Bui Viet Hieu, Bui Thi Noi and previously statements from Ms. Du Thi Thanh saying that she was beaten and kicked … also never appeared on the state-controlled media or the mainstream.
The lawyers’ arguments were also ignored and in general, the press only repeated the words of the Procuracy and the Court and the most bustling was the articles that painted the statements of the lawyer Nguyen Hong Bach, who protected the families of 3 died police officers and was also the strongest person to demand severe punishment for Dong Tam residents.
Inside the trial, the trial panel showed the propaganda video clips to all participating parties, despite the videos that were edited and changed and purposefully accusing the people of Dong Tam.
Facebook Le Quang argues that the Vietnamese court is probably the first place in modern history to allow a staged propaganda film to be shown during a debate session.
He wrote: “The introduction of a propaganda video (cut-up) can contribute to false information that damages the credibility of the courts, witnesses, victims, suspects … more, it hurts public trust, this is something that ordinary people understand, not need in-depth knowledge.
In tight societies, where the court’s “dignity” is respected, all published documents must be the result of serious collection and storage. A staged video that was shown in court can be considered a great insult to the judge himself and to the judiciary.
“It is no different from showing pornography in the conference room,” said Facebooker Le Quang.
It can be said that it was the party’s Central Committee on Propaganda and Education that forced the information to be released according to its subjective will, and that is why, and the confusion of right and wrong, the Law of Insanity and Justice was deprived both in Court hearings and outside public opinion.