Khanh Hoa: More than 200 students at Ischool suffered from food poisoning, one first grader died

After having lunch at Ischool Nha Trang, many students were hospitalized

A male student in grade 1 at Ischool Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa province died on the way to hospital due to food poisoning after having lunch at school.

Mr. Pham Huu Binh, Principal of Ischool Nha Trang confirmed the news on November 20 and was announced by the state media on the same day.

The food poisoning incident occurred on November 17 after a lunch at Ischool Nha Trang, causing more than 200 students to be poisoned and had to go to the emergency hospital.

The family of the 1st grader who died was said to have taken him to the emergency room at a hospital in Nha Trang City, but on the afternoon of November 19, his condition changed drastically and he was transferred to Khanh Hoa Provincial General Hospital.

According to the leader of Khanh Hoa Provincial General Hospital, after being transferred to this hospital, the baby was given emergency treatment and his blood pressure returned.

However, due to his serious illness, this morning on November 20, he was continued to be transferred to a hospital in Ho Chi Minh City for treatment. But on the way to the hospital to Ninh Thuan province, the baby died.

According to the Nha Trang City Health Center, the number of students at Ischool Nha Trang who suffered from food poisoning after a meal at noon on November 17, had to be taken to the emergency room at the hospital between the ages of 7 and 16.

One day after the poisoning happened, the Food Safety Department (Ministry of Health) requested the Khanh Hoa Department of Health to direct the temporary suspension of the kitchen operation of Ischool Nha Trang School. At the same time, the Food Safety Department also proposed to check food safety conditions at the kitchen of Ischool Nha Trang School; trace the origin of food, take samples of suspected food for testing, handle if there are violations of food safety and publicize it on the mass media.

It is known that the lunch menu causing food poisoning includes dishes: fried chicken wings, shredded boiled chicken, and pork soup. After eating, about 270 students out of a total of 800 boarding students at the school had symptoms of abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever.

Thoibao.de (Translated)

Bình luận