According to regulations of the executive committee of the Union of the Youth of Vietnam, the publisher of the Thanh Niên newspaper, main and vice department heads have to be members of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV). This regulation has been in place for two years. Thanh Niên newspaper even organised preparatory seminars for the entry in to the CPV but many journalists did not participate.
That is why those journalists have to resign from their position.
These are the 12 journalists who would never enter the party, even though disadvantages may occur to them. Among them is also one person who is a member of my family:
- Phạm Thu Nga, head of the Culture department
- Thanh Tùng, vice head of the Politics and Society department
- Bích Hạnh, vice head of the Culture department
- Đỗ Tuấn, vice head of the Culture department
- Thùy Ngân, vice head of the Education department
- Trần Thanh Bình, vice head of reader communication
- Thu Thủy, vice head of the Social media department
- Thành Trung, vice head of the Online department
- Thế Vinh, secretary of the English editing
- Quang Huy, vice head of the Sports department
- Nguyễn Tuấn, vice financial officer
- Quỳnh Na, vice head of the advertisement department
I also want to “thank” the executive committee of the Union of the Youth of Vietnam which blew up this issue, so that the public can understand the feelings of the Vietnamese people towards the CPV better.
Once again, praise to all of you who resigned from their position.
The Thanh Niên newspaper, I newspaper I contributed a lot to, stays a newspaper which is loved and appreciated by the readers.
Via Facebook Trần Đinh Thu